Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sick Kid...

There's really nothing worse on a cold autumn (feels like winter, though) morning, than when one of your kids wakes up sick. I say morning, but it was more like 10:00 last night. Hubby and I were just settling in to enjoy a quiet evening of Fringe on television, when what to our surprise, the sound of hacking coming from our five year old daughters bedroom. He looked at me , and I at him, waiting to see which one was going to have to leave our cocoon of comfort (blankets) and console the baby of the family. I lost the battle of the eyes -his are apparently less shifty than mine. Anyhoo, I ran in her room while putting on my best "Are you okay!?" expression, expecting the usual drama-filled show that had become normal for her, and stopped in my tracks. The look on her little face told me everything; she was definitely not faking.
I was then up with her approximately six other times throughout the night - and morning - holding her blond hair up and reassuring her that she wasn't going to have to go to school.



So, needless to say, she is home sick today. We now have an entire day of cartoon watching and soup eating to do, so when you ask yourself "How does she do it?", just remember that it's all in a days work!

1 comment:

  1. Aw poor baby. Its never fun when they are sick, expecially when more then one kid is sick at once. And of course mommy always gets sick too. We also watch Fringe, very good show.

    ReplyDelete