Friday, November 21, 2008

Okay, now I'm pissed!!!

I really didn't think that when I opened the book, that I would enjoy it nearly as much as I did. Now, I haven't officially finished it at the time of this entry, but I'm close enough to the end to say that I really liked Twilight - unless of course the author has gone and screwed with my head, and in fact takes this story in a completely different direction than I think she is. Then I will happily correct myself. But as of now, I *gag* like it. Now, I'm not saying that it's bad to like this particular book, or that I'm above it (I really am, though) in any way. I'm simply stating that I have truly surprised myself by enjoying it. My sister (a self-described book whore) had informed me already that it leaned toward entertaining, so I was fully prepared to sort of like it, but to find myself caught up in the death race of a fictional teenager and her dead boyfriend, well that kind of put me over the edge. I mean, I only started the thing yesterday, and I guarantee that I'll be done by this evening. Easily the quickest 500+ book I've ever read, but nonetheless, enjoyable. So I repeat, for those not listening - I'm really pissed about this! Not only am I completely jealous that this woman chose such an easy topic that has already been sold to the masses before, but that I DIDN'T THINK OF IT FIRST!! AARRGGHHHHH! Okay, I think I'm done now.

So, if you haven't read this book, (I say book - singular - because I haven't read the others yet) I suggest you pick it up, and ready yourself for an evening of teen angst gone vampire. I did, and I'm sure I'll get over it...eventually.

1 comment:

  1. I am *so* disappointed in you! I thought you had the strength to avoid reading the popular books! lol

    Glad you had fun. Maybe I'll read this in the nursing home in a few years.

    ReplyDelete