Thursday, December 11, 2008

Estrogen is kicking my A$$

I have to laugh at the fact that my body is overrun with potent levels of hormones right now, and at any given moment I could probably snap someone's neck, Special Forces style. I laugh because I've never in my life (except -so I'm told - when I'm pregnant) been so easily annoyed or disgruntled around others, and my friends keep asking me if I'm done with the drugs yet. NO. Unfortunately I'm not. This is, of course, my official post about my surrogacy and I have to say it's very freeing. No longer do I feel like I have to worry about what others think. So there.

My journey has gone remarkably smooth, compared to other stories I've heard about, and I thank my lucky stars for the Intended Parents, to whom I will (hopefully) be preparing for parenthood (again). These people are the real thing, and that's what is so awesome about this entire process. If I didn't genuinely feel that these were truely congenial people, there is no way I could do this. But they are, and I am. Yippee!

I just had what should be my last monitoring ultrasound and blood work, and we will hopefully be doing the embryo transfer next week! I tell ya, I can't wait. This is something that is so incredibly meaningful to me for more reasons than I can actually express. There are literally no words for how I feel right now. In a way I guess that's good, but in another I really wish I had my Thesaurus handy.

So please, if you pass me on the street or speak with me, and I'm not one hundred percent pleasant, don't take it personally. It's the drugs, man.

7 comments:

  1. Dinner is cooking, so I haven't read a single word yet. But I wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog! I promise I'll be spending my first cup of coffee (or five) in the morning reading right here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, hormones. i only have my god-given ones, and i'm still a raging bitch. i can only imagine what would happen if i deliberately got hopped up on them...

    on second thought, i'd rather not imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the comment! You know, I have the ability to be bitchy, but usually reserve that for my husband (he's an emotional masochist). My friends on the other hand deserve a whole lot more! It's kind of fun though, to blame it on the meds and not myself. Just wait until I'm actually prego, WATCH OUT Cgates posse! I'm coming for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog Sarah! I dropped by to check yours out, and I discovered that we are fellow Buckeyes! I think your surrogacy journal will be especially interesting and will follow it. It takes a very special type of person to make that commitment, so my hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all so exciting! You are giving such a precious gift to these parents. I think you are amazing, and beautiful and hilarious. Keep being you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lanie, you crazy chic, I love ya too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand all too well what those drugs can do to a person :) Sending some "sticky" thoughts your way for the upcoming transfer!

    ReplyDelete