Friday, December 12, 2008

Can I have a pastrami on rye?

That's right, right? I don't even know if I like pastrami sandwiches, but when I'm in New York next week, I'm ordering one, damn it! That's right my faithful followers, I'm leaving and you're not (unless of course you are and just aren't saying, or you are lucky enough to already live in NY, then I totally take back my snideyness (huh?)) for NY and won't be back until someone from CPS calls me demanding my immediate return so that my neglected children are taken care of. That of course, is a joke. I would never let someone from the government bully me into cutting my vaca short. Anyhoo - NY will be awesome!

I already have the theme song to "Sex in the City" playing out in my head, as visions of me - cloaked in bags from Versace and Gucci and all the other places I can't afford - sashaying down 5th Ave. bring a bright smile to my face. Aaahhh, the escape is drawing near! Well, sort of. It's not a vacation, per se... more of a let's get this embryo transfer done so we can grow a baby type of thing. I'm still totally stoked, though. I'll be in Manhattan for one day, so I am planning on squeezing in as much sight-seeing as possible in about a thirteen hour period. Oh, and I can't wait to see my IP's.

Things I plan on doing in NY:

*eating a hot dog from a street vendor (I live dangerously)
*shopping
*getting that pastrami on rye (well, probably wheat since I don't care for caraway seeds)
*seeing the Museum of Natural History
*strolling hand-in-hand with my hubby through Central Park, while eating an over sized soft pretzel dipped in creamy cheddar cheese product
*gazing lovingly into said hubby's eyes as he feeds me cotton candy from the Central Park Zoo (I like to eat, okay?)
* shopping, shopping, shopping

Oh yeah, and hopefully getting pregger's with someone else's baby! A big WOOHOO! to technology! That's all for now, but you'll be the first to know if I eventually think of anything else. Ta ta for now.

8 comments:

  1. OK, just me, totally being nosy, but are you going through RMA? My second set of IPs lived in NYC and although I would NEVER want to live there, I've visited six or seven times and it's a great place to get to do neat stuff. (and then go home.) :) My personal favorite is that my previous IM is a huge play buff so we always go see a show .... which I love.

    Besides that, best of luck to you!! I'm certainly wishing you first-time success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to find a place called Gus' Pickles. They are the best pickles in the entire world (unless you use pickle as a metaphor for something else, in which case you need to judge your own best pickle).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your stay in NY is all you hope it to be! It sounds like you have it all planned out. And like you, I hope you end up preggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristie - No, the clinic and agency I'm going through are actually in NJ, but my IP's are in NY. I've only actually been there once, but fell in love at first sight. I'm a total movie hag, and all that take place in NY draw me in. So sad...

    DGM - so cool you wrote,and thanks for the pickle info, but where would I find it? I have precisley thirteen hours to scavage my way from the upper west side, to midtown and every other crevaase I can find. More info would be great!

    Cindi - thanks again and think sticky thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soak up some culture for me! You know I need all I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your adventure! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's weird. I thought the first one didn't take, so I posted again, but it most definitely was NOT at that time of the day! I didn't even know it existed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a single parent, I can totally relate to wanting to send kids back to school today. It was nice to say the least...

    ReplyDelete